Acer x freemanii 'Autumn Blaze' arguably has the best fiery autumn colour of all Maple trees suited to the British climate. The attractive, deeply indented yellow-green spring foliage turns green in summer before the vibrant red, orange and yellow autumn colours appear. 'Autumn Blaze' also boasts silvery-grey bark that contrasts wonderfully with the foliage.
A popular variety with an attractive oval-head, Acer freemanii 'Autumn Blaze' is fairly vigorous and will reach 7 x 4 metres in 20 years.
- Common name: Freeman Maple tree
- Latin name: Acer x freemanii 'Autumn Blaze'
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Height and spread in 20 years: 7 x 4 metres
- Seasons of interest: Spring, Autumn
- Foliage: Yellow green in spring, green in summer and fiery red in autumn
- Soil: Suited to moist but well-drained sites and most soil types