Emerald Queen is a vigorous strong cultivar that quickly establishes itself in its environment. Its strong central leader provides a substantially neater, more uniformed canopy. This is consistent throughout its maturity, making it ideal for avenue planning and landscape design.
Its leaves are a brighter, fresh-lime green during the summer. The new shoots during seasonal growth appear molten orange and red amongst the leaves, providing subtle contrasts of unique colour. As the nights draw in and autumn approaches, the canopy becomes ablaze of golden yellow with shoots of fiery orange mixed within. This autumn display becomes increasingly more spectacular as the tree broadens and matures.
- Common name: Norway Maple tree
- Height and spread in 20 years: 10 x 6 meters
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Environmental benefits: Good for pollinators, high carbon storage
- Seasons of interest: Spring, Autumn
- Soil: Suited to most soils including chalk
- Position: Full to partial sun