Tilia Bohlje has small, shiny heart-shaped leaves which are dark green on the surface and light green on the underside; the leaves of this cultivation are much smaller than the species and other cultivars such as ‘Greenspire’.
The creamy coloured, fragrant flowers appear in July and are a welcome addition to this attractive variety of native tree.
In the autumn time, the foliage turns a golden yellow.
This tree produces a dense and conical habit which is extremely regular and tidy; making it a super choice for avenues.
Like all Lime trees, this tree performs well on most soils and will tolerate clay.
- Common name: Small leaved lime tree
- Height and spread in 20 years: 10 x 5 meters
- Environmental benefits: High carbon storage, popular with bees
- Position: Full sun to partial shade
- Flowers: Ivory/white
- Foliage: Green, yellow in autumn
- Seasons of interest: Spring, Summer, Autumn