This Italian flat-leafed parsley has, of course, flat leaves, which distinguish it from the better-known curly-leafed parsley. It is favoured for its deep flavour, which some say holds up better in cooking than curly parsley. It is popular in Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisine. Easy to chop, the nutritious flat leaves are high in iron and in vitamins A, C, and E. A high chlorophyll content makes it a natural breath sweetener, too.
· Type Biennial (it grows the first season and blooms the second)
· Planting time Spring, fall
· Flat, green leaves are easy to chop
· Light Sun to part shade
· Light, well-drained soil
· Use in containers, flower and herb beds
· Culinary use - garnish, seasoning, salads, palate cleanser