Picea Glauca Conica maintains a lovely, neat conical shape as it grows, as a dense, evergreen dwarf Alberta Spruce, or conifer, that is a versatile addition to any garden. Easy to grow and care for, this hardy little RHS AGM awarded shrub is at home in a container just as much as it is when it's grown in a rockery or flower border. Also useful whilst small as a table-top Christmas tree, providing it's put back outside as soon as possible afterwards to stop it drying out.
- Common name: White Spruce 'Conica'
- Awards: RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Height and spread in 20 years: 2 x 1.5 metres
- Seasons of interest: Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter
- Foliage: Evergreen foliage is lime green, maturing to deep-green in summer
- Soil: Avoid chalk soil and plant in a moist, well-drained site