Ribes Hinnomaki is a superb variety – very hardy and vigorous mid-season green/red gooseberry. Hinnonmaki Green/Red reliably produces heavy crops of large, sweet, Green/red berries of excellent quality. It was specifically bred in Finland for hardiness and disease resistance and is particularly resistant to mildew making it ideal for organic growing. It is also a strong but slow growing variety so is ideal for small gardens. An excellent variety for dessert or culinary purposes.
- Eventual height and spread: 1m (3ft).
- Cropping season: mid-July
- Self fertile.
- Plant 1.5m (5ft) apart in rows 2m (6ft) apart.
- Likes an open sunny or lightly shaded frost-free spot, sheltered from strong winds.
- Prefers a slightly acid, moist but well-drained fertile soil