Tayberry is a vigorous blackberry/raspberry hybrid. High yields of juicy, sweet, aromatic berries that can be twice the weight of a large raspberry. Consistently higher yielding than Loganberry, the long conical fruit is best picked when deep purple-red in colour. Excellent for jam making and puddings but can also be eaten fresh. The fruit freezes well too. The stout prickly stems require permanent support so train against a wall or fence.
- Harvesting Month - July/August
- Uses - Jams, cooking, smoothies, eating fresh
- Planting Period: All year
- Self Fertile: Yes
- Partial shade or full sun
- Soil Preference: will tolerate most soil types as long as its well-drained