This is an upright form of Acer campestre, the common Field Maple.
A medium to large size tree thrives in rich well drained soils but does well in virtually any soil type and will readily tolerate drought, soil compaction and air pollution.
This compact tree is particularly recommended for urban and street plantings.
- Common name: Field Maple tree
- Height and spread in 20 years: 9 x 5 metres
- Seasons of interest: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Foliage: Lobed green leaves turn golden yellow in autumn
- Soil: Prefers well-drained rich soil, but tolerates most soil types and even drought
- Position: Full sun to partial shade